Hello and welcome to The Old Summers Home. Today I want to share 39 fun print & play activities for kids to entertain your family during the COVID-19 Quarantine/ Self-isolation.
It is a difficult time for everyone right now and these will help keep the kids busy and having fun. One less thing for you to have to worry about!
I loathe screen time, my girls become crazy when using devices. Heaven forbid the battery dies someone is about to have one freaking epic state of loss of self-control!
The outbursts of the behaviour that I get when I say ‘ok time is up’ makes me want to throw every device into the trash without a second thought.
Of course, its something we have to learn to deal with as devices are a thing in everyone’s lives around the world so finding a way to control their access has become key. If you are having these sorts of troubles too you can find more here about controlling screen rage.
Alright, I’m not here to solve the world s problems in one post Moving on!
Since I have to mother up and not hide under my bed (closet and bathroom do not work anymore, been used too many times haha) I have been trying to find ways to preoccupy their boredom that they can do on their own and that does not involve a screen!
Why independent activities for kids?
Because, oh my gosh, I have gotten no work done between breaking up fights and being a snack [email protected]!!!
Mom Tip! Head to my ‘back to school’ (touché I know) post for snack ideas to keep the hungry children happy!
Kids are smart and they feel the tension. Their entire world has been turned upside down. They are young and impressional. Remember how you act right now during his time of crisis is something they will remember and use as a template to grow as well.
Learn more about how to help ease COVID-16 Anxiety over on My Living a boss Life Blog where I’m helping you find ways to cope and understand some of the reactions around the world.
Here Is The List Of 39 Activities For Kids:
Alright, this is what you really came here for (the activities for kids!) and I just got caught up in all the things I wanted to say.
I miss people! What can I say! (I’m one of those stay-at-home moms who never lets the mail delivery person leave without five minutes of conversation at least just saying)
Alright here are your activities for kids fun print and play list of 39 ideas!
39 Fun Print & Play Ideas For kids…..
Printables For Kids
- Tree Valley Academy Word Searches – word searches are a great way to get the kids’ minds actively learning and engaged and best of all can buy you a few minutes of freedom too! There are many other learning activities for kids on this site too. See the end of the post for another link.
- Paper Fortune Tellers – one of my favourite things to do when I was a kid and they are making a comeback! Great fun for siblings to do together too!
- Easter Scavenger Hunt Printable – Here is an awesome list for an easter scavenger hunt that can be done indoors or outdoors and all you have to do is print no need to come up with your own list!
- Indoor Scavenger Hunt Ideas– Can’t think of where to hide all the things? Don’t worry they have got you covered. This site also has some great free printable games too, be sure to check them out here!
- Science & Stem Challenge Cards – download these activity cards to get your kid’s brains into learning mode! This site also many great ideas for the science lover in your home!
- Free Activity & Colouring Sheets – Kids out of colouring books? Or maybe they just need a quick activity to keep them busy. Print these and let them enjoy some fun activities at their leisure!
- Butterfly Sensory Bin with Printable Cards – This is a duo project for the preschoolers in your home. sensory bins are great for the littles to learn and explore with independent pay. Up the anty with printable cards to get their minds engaged in learning even more (this, of course, will need an older sibling or adult to help with reading and exploring).
- Garden Journal – This 12-page printable will allow your child to grow their own garden and document along the way. This is the perfect way to teach them a great life skill!
- Outdoor Tic Tac Toe – get the kids outdoors for some fresh air with a DIY tic tac toe game. Simple to make and hours of fun for siblings or families!
- Finger Puppets – get your craft on with the kiddos and create some finger puppets. The enjoy the free time you will relish when they are busy putting on plays!
- Spring Break Bucket List – Tired of the kids asking you for ideas and saying ‘no I don’t want to do that’? Give your kids all the ideas they need in this printable bucket list! They get to choose and problem solved!
- Easter Egg Suncatcher – Brighten the day with these crafty suncatchers that will keep the kids busy creating and admiring!
- Teach them to sew – When boredom sets in, it is the perfect opportunity to teach a new skill! Why not introduce sewing into their lives with this great post. You can sign your kids up for a free email course that will teach them all the basics of sewing!
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt For All Seasons – This outdoor scavenger hunt printable comes in 2 formats, one for those who can read an done for those who can not by using images to help them know what to look for!
- A Sensory Scavenger Hunt – Kids love scavenger hunts what can I say. this hunt also helps them to know which sensory is affected by the item on the list!
- Question game – Kids love to play question games and this list of 101 questions to know your kids better is great when you have run out of ideas!
- Living room Campout – Turn these long days into fun with a living room campout. this fun activity is filled with ideas to get your kids seeing the fun of being in their own home.
- Cardboard Box Pretend Play – There is no better cure to boredom than by invoking play with imagination. Kids love to play with cardboard boxes! Remember the days when they would open their gifts and play with the box more than the toy! mmm hmmm so give them what they love and allow them to be creative!
- Indoor Bird Watching – who says birdwatching has to be an outdoor activity?!? Get them involved in nature in your own home! This website also has many other great ideas if you’re looking for ways to inspire outdoor play too!
- Sensory Play Ideas – Getting the kids to use their imagination doesn’t have to take a lot of set up. The benefits to sensory play can be found in this post and some great ideas of what to use that you already have at home so you don’t need to venture out to create a fun play area!
- 30 Day Lego Challenge– Who doesn’t love a 30-day challenge?!? My girls are going to freak when they see this site and all the awesome lego ideas. Lego lovers over here!
- Flower Kindness Craft – This free template helps your kids make a beautiful flower they can add words of kindness on the petals and gift them to their family and friends (virtually/digitally).
- Some Bunny Loves You – This simple print and play alphabet game is perfect for easter and so very adorable. Up to 4 players!
- Rocket Bookmark – this template helps your kiddos to create a rocket bookmark. Perfect for your space-loving little readers!
- Baby Yoda Craft – Everyone loves Yoda and they will love this papercraft. Print the template and build your awesome little baby Yoda! Umm Yes please, SO CUTE!
- Pokeman Colour by Number – Grab these three printable pokemon colour by numbers the kids will be sure to love.
- Ocean Matching Game – This printable matching game is perfect for your preschooler to hone their memory skills and learn some sea animals at the same time!
- Roll A Rainbow– grab some dice and give this game a roll. This one is perfect for the whole family.
- Wacky Walk – This is perfect for making the most out of those outdoor walks if you are still able to. If not go ahead and play it in the house too.
- Easter Bingo Cards – Now here is a game everyone loves to play. Print these off and get playing some bingo fun!
- Paper Plate Snail – This cute craft comes with a printable for the snail faces and bodies to make things a little bit simpler. Get crafty with paper plates!
- Hearts Printable – If you are taking part in the hearts for tomorrow here is a great template you can print and colour with the kids. Don’t forget to post a pic of your hearts in the window on social media!
- Skittles games – This post has some ideas you print and play with the kids. Remind them to be kind and to be thankful with these great ideas!
- Lego Challenge – Here is another lego challenge this one is a bit more advanced than the previous one. The kids will love the ideas on this printable!
- Bean Math Game – This printable makes math fun! Don’t have any beans? No worries, it also includes a list of items you can use instead.
- Learning Pack For Preschoolers – this super cute spring booklet is perfect for getting your young ones learning.
- Woodland Animal Games – These printable games are so cute think little foxes and such, adorable! So many other great printables on their site too!
- History Colouring Pages– There are so many free pages to choose from all based on a historic period of time or an event. get their minds creating while they learn.
- Winter Indoor/Outdoor Activities– Last but not least is my printable for indoor/ outdoor activities. Many great ideas to check off.
Now that we are through our list of activities for kids that are screen-free, here are a couple of online resources for learning too. There are so many more but these are the ones I have checked out recently. We also use epic and RazKids through our school.
Share these 39 Fun Print & Play Activities For Kids with Others!
Thank you for coming to The Old Summers Home and a special thank you to all the amazing bloggers who contributed to this round up of 39 fun print & play activities for kids! I could not have done it without all of you. Stay safe out there peeps!
Until next time;
The Old Summers Home